Thursday, January 26, 2012

NETS


After reading the standards for both teachers and students, I believe some standards are being met and that many schools have a long way to go.  The first reaction that came to mind was how would schools who can not afford the technology, incorporate these standards into their practice?  Next, I was forced to question how well these standards are being applied to my own district.  I believe to adequately incorporate these standards teachers need stronger professional development on how to.  The biggest challenge, I think many in my district face, is that technologies can be scary, especially for a beginner.  Teachers need the support that can be given to them through strong professional developments.  Do others see a fear within other colleagues in integrating technology?  Do you see parents becoming concerned?
Here is a link to my most recent professional development!
PD on Tech and flipping!


1 comment:

  1. I think you bring up a great point in regards to fears when using technology. I see it with many teachers in my building that have been teaching for a very long time. Many of them are ‘stuck’ in their own ways and dislike using technology throughout the day. I think their fear comes with lack of knowledge of the benefits on using technology and the change. Twenty-first century classroom may not be warmly welcomed by all, however, I think with the proper training and knowledge many may change their mind. I have heard comments from many teachers that they are just ‘thrown’ into using things without the proper training and guidance which is where most of their resistance and fear comes from. I think it is our job as teachers that have a background in technology to help our colleagues begin to love using technology by sharing!
    My parents love the technology integration. I have not heard of any fears or resistance for it up to this point!

    ReplyDelete